wrap EXTRAVAGANZA


My sister's birthday 'season' kicks off this week. She'll be joining us here in Auckland for a fun-filled weekend, so taking full advantage of this rare semester break without any Academic Writing assignments to mark, I thought I'd have a relaxing time wrapping her prezzies and baking lots of scrumptious goodies.

The materials I used for this wrapping extravaganza were A3 sheets of black and cream paper, strips of calico bookcloth, loose rice-paper pages from a worn Japanese book, coloured corrugated card, a selection of handmade rubber stamps I made after reading Lena Corwin's book Printing by Hand, and a sheet of florist hessian that I saved from a pretty bouquet of flowers I was given.

With no particular plan in mind, other than a vaguely Japanese theme, I got busy scoring, cutting, folding, tearing, stamping, bending and gluing, and before I knew it Tazey's five gifts were looking suitably resplendent.


That was fun.
The only problem is that they look too pretty to open!

Comments

Popular Posts