the star of the show


I don't often blog about what I cooked for dinner, but I felt compelled to let you know about a recent discovery. For pottery lovers, the star of the show above might be the Brendan Adams cups, and let me tell you that chilled water tastes unbelievably good from these vessels. Others might favour the sage green Poole plates, which were my mum-in-law's wedding china in the late 50s. But for me, the star of the show is the humble coleslaw, made super-special by chef and food stylist Anna Jones.


Who would have thought that a pinch of salt, a tablespoon of brown rice vinegar, and a tablespoon of maple syrup (the real stuff) scrunched through two cups of shredded red cabbage would taste so flamin' scrumptious! Try it.

All I can say is that everything I've made from this book so far has been delicious, so I really do think that you should buy a copy immediately and get cooking.

Comments

Popular Posts